12/3/13

THE KIND OF BRIGHT CAMERA'S CAN'T CAPTURE.

 photos by Cédric.

So this was the end of my short but jumpy trip to the south of France. We stayed in a gorgeous almost villa-like house surrounded by religious and mythological statues spread all over the gardens. Sometimes looking out the window or waking up in the middle of the night was trully disorientating but only in the best of ways.

This shirt was one of my great Berlin finds. The print is the kind of bright cameras can't capture and therefore it had been hard for me to dare to wear it during these longer early winter days. THAT nonetheless was not the problem once down south; we were blessed with wide open blue skies and sunny afternoons that made these colors seem like just the missing puzzle piece in the beautiful L'Isle sur la Sorgue.

But okay, time for the beats! and I'm calling DÉJÀ VU on this one! 

Remember a seducing Kate Moss in a see through babydoll dress on Primal Scream's "Some Velvet Morning" back in 2003?! I was 13 at the time the video struck me and stained my mind so beautifully ever since. Yesterday the band premiered a new video for "Goodbye Johnny" on Dazed & Confused. Alister Mackie, stylist and creative director at AnOther Man, debuts as a director and describes on a short interview his relationship with Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie and the band. The video, shot on iPhone, references Warhol's screen tests and Madonna's "Erotica", but it was the oil wheel projector that had me reminiscing of Kate dancing, moving and seducing just as well as all these gorgeous boys and trannies did.

And because the video didn't make it to the Youtubesphere yet, you can watch it and read the interview here.


3 comments:

  1. stunning photos, as so often, but that porcelaine (?) cabbage really kills me, so random yet completely perfect! also, kate moss & primal scream, also kinda random but I have that song on vinyl, I take that as a sign it was about time I left a comment after lurking for so long! cheers from vienna, kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That porcelain cabbage was pretty much the reason why I chose this place! it just NEEDED to be on the picture...L'Isle sur la Sorgue is known for having very very exquisit interior antique stores as well as furniture...so if you ever get to go around the south of France, you will see more of these jaw-dropping items! thank you for commenting and keep doing so! I love to hear whatever your thoughts are ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thank you for your visit and comment on fashiongentrix.com
    And your blog is such a visual delight ! Love it.
    Next time in Amsterdam don’t forget contact me for a cup of coffee or two.

    ReplyDelete

DEAR DEARS

HOLY OTHERS